Sunday, November 11, 2012

Caitlin Kim- 12 Months

Caitlin is 1!!! Can you believe it? I can't.

At her 1 year appointment, her pediatrician told me she's not a baby anymore. WAH! Actually, I still think of her as a baby as she isn't walking yet (which I'm perfectly fine with because I want to keep my little baby as long as I can!)

*Apparently, I photo failed this month. Although you wouldn't think with all that posted to Facebook. It was slim pickings for the blog post tho. Oh well.

Size 17 lbs and 5 oz She didn't gain in weight over the last two months =( So we have a weight check appointment in a month. Hopefully, she gains then. The doctor thinks all her constipation is the cause. 29 1/4 inches long

Caitlin can...
Walk with help from Mommy and Daddy. Very nervous about doing it herself or with her walkers.

Dance when music comes on. She shakes her head back and forth and moves her hands around like she's directing. I really need to get a video.

Take off and put on lids (if they aren't on tight).



Feeding:
Breastfeeds 4 times a day (twice in the morning and in the evening). Takes 2 bottles of formula and karo syrup throughout the day. Pedi didn't want to start her on whole milk because that can cause additional constipation.

She still loves eating. We added Cheerios to her diet and she loves them. We try to feed her as much as possible these days trying to plump her up, but it's hard when we can't give her many carbs like bread because of her constipation. ARGH!


Sleeping:
Bedtime is around 6:30pm. Usually feeds at 5:30isham and wakes for the day between 7 and 8. Still takes two naps most days around 10:00 and 2:00. Loves to sleep with her lamb wubbanub.

She's so funny when she's tired. She will pull her little pigtails (or my hair- ouch!), bury her head in me or pull the pillows down from the couch and lay her head down. She's not subtle, that one.

Loves:
Rolling around on the floor. She laughs and laughs when Mommy does it with her.

Getting chased by Mommy and Daddy. She'll look back to see if you're after her and then will speed up while laughing.

Playing with all her new toys from her birthday party. Favorites include: her Laugh and Learn Home, Laugh and Learn Kitchen, Elephant that shoots out balls, Laugh and Learn Piggy Bank, and Activity Box. We did put away some of the toys to slowly introduce over the next few months. Novelty is key around here.

Playing with balloons (while supervised, of course).

Eating paper. Yep, that's right. I had rescue many magazines and mail from being eaten by Miss Caitlin.



Not a Fan of:
Sitting still for diaper or clothes changing. Still. Although it's getting a little better with some distracting new birthday toys.

Petting Zoos. She clings to me for dear life and whimpers. I'm so mean.

Giving up something that is "hers". Almost every day we have the same argument over the car keys. I pick her up from daycare. She grabs at them as soon as she sees them. (Yeah, glad to see you too, kid) I buckle her in her seat belt, while she happily jangles them/slobbers all over them. Then, I need to drive so I have to pry them out of her hands (1 year olds are SURPRISINGLY strong) while she throws a fit. I have tried hiding them from her, but when I go to unlock the car she springs for them like a banshee. At least, the BuckleyBoo Bear has been deemed as an acceptable substitute for the keys.





Wearing:
Clothes: 12 months clothes and onesies. Although, many of them are baggy on her. She's such a skinny little thing.

Diapers: size 3 Luvs

Shoes: size 2 when I can get her to leave them on! She just got her first pair of Uggs for her birthday. Heaven help her daddy when she can shop!



We love you, Caitlin! The past year has been the best in our lives!




Birthday Party post to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment