Gone are the days when baby lays contently sucking her fist on the changing table.
Mommy wants me to lay on my back? I much prefer my tummy. Parallel to the changing pad? Please, perpendicular is SO much more fun! Kicking is the BEST!!! Mommy, why can't I peer over the edge of the changing table?! *shrieking ensues*
Let me tell you, 7 month olds are SHOCKINGLY strong (and determined) for their size.
Here are the current distraction tools of choice:
Huggies wipes container. It crinkles?! She's in!
The Ocean Wonders Projector works really well in a dark room. However, with a poopy diaper this could be a bit... let's just say, dangerous.
Yes, you're seeing this correctly. This is a Hulk bobble head.
I know, I know, a perfect toy for a baby girl, right? It was given to us by one of Jason's well meaning work buddies. Jason promptly put it on one of these shelves to "decorate" the room.
Not quite the look I was going for, you know? So I stuck him on a shelf in the closet.
What do you know, Caitlin LOVES him. She loves to gnaw on his head, pound him on the floor, and gaze at him adoringly.
You know what? Whatever works.





I am so glad you had this post. I was for sure Asher was the only baby who thought changing time actually meant gymnastics time! Good idea with all the different distractions.
ReplyDeleteSame here! Must be the age. L loves to flip over. Cell phones, diaper rash cream, yes, even wipes work. Anything he's not supposed to have. He loves to stand and hug me so this is allowed when he's putting shorts on. However, as I wrestles him one day and my sitter watched, she mentioned he never does this for her... So they are playing us girls! Jerry recently hold him down a little and is teaching him the word wait.
ReplyDelete