Near the end of the playdate, all the babies were quite tuckered out. One sweet little boy, Connor, snuggled up to his mommy resting his head on her collarbone and sighing contently. So cute!
Caitlin, on the other hand, flailed her arms about, clawed at my face, and howled.
So while I had visions of this in my head:
This is my reality. Doesn't she look thrilled?
I see I'm going to be one of those moms who's going to have to drop off her kid a block and half away.
*Unless, of course, we are at baby story time and the librarian smiles and looks at Caitlin. Then she screams and hangs on to me for dear life.
Oh don't you worry Emily! It will come :) Ariadne was NEVER a cuddler. Just this week, she started passing out the sweetest, longest, cuddliest hugs in the world.
ReplyDeleteHere I was thinking that I would never get those warm moments (aside from nursing) and now I get multiple cuddle sessions a day!!!
There's hope! Can't wait for the hugs! Bring them on!
ReplyDeleteHaha!! Loved this! Ryan is SO not a cuddler either. Unless he's teething or uncomfortable around people he doesn't know - then he's all over me.
ReplyDeleteWell, at least Caitlin's in good company. Caitlin does the same thing. Somehow "death grip" isn't quite as endearing as cuddling. ;)
ReplyDelete