It took a few months to figure out, but everything was smooth sailing by May.
Here are some, hopefully, helpful tips:
1. Routine, routine, routine: Figure out a schedule and system that works for you. This is definitely a trial and error process. I tried mine out a few weeks before returning to work and continued to tweak it throughout the first month of being back. Making a list of everything that needs to be done helps. It seems overwhelming at first, but you really do get quite efficient at everything.
2. Time is money This is why simple steps like ordering off amazon.com instead of going to the store are lifesavers. Other things I do are: cook once, eat twice (leftovers or repurposing main ingredients), wash hair every other day (hello, dry shampoo), and doing one load of laundry each night (so I don't feel like I'm doing it all weekend long).
3. Delegate, delegate, delegate This was a tough one for me. I was accustomed to doing it all. Over the past few months I have learned to rely on Jason's help more and more. He is more than willing to help, but I need to tell him what I would like done (and be okay with it not being exactly how I would have done it). Believe it or not, he is not a mind reader (I thought I ordered that edition husband too, hmmm...).
4. Take time for yourself I wake up at 5 am or earlier and go, go, go until 7:30 pm. Then I stop. I browse the internet, I read,
I am happy to report that during the month of May, I learned to love working again. I enjoyed the challenge of teaching and my students. I was afraid I lost that.
Of course, I'm loving summer break as well. ;)
Good post, and you know I completely agree with it. I found chopping my hair shoulder length and going to work with it wet improved my sanity so i could get some morning showers instead of evening. I did try the whole dry shampoo but didn't like it. I was even know to go an extra day without showering and throw it in a ponytail again. I think we will have more time when not nursing. My other standby was not working out too. It was only happening once a week. But it worked, the baby weight was already off, I have to cut myself some slack. My hubby really helped too. He pretty much does all the dishes. I have to say, I'm almost more tired in the summer watching him all day, but I find myself leaving things for the next day and going to bed sooner since I don't have tp pick up for the sitter coming. Do you do that? My blog is still suffering though...
ReplyDelete