We painted the room a pearl gray. Quite a difference from the fire engine red and tan that had previously graced the walls.
Before:
I choose elegant dark gray henna patterned curtains and hung a Love sign scrawled in loopy cursive above the dresser.
Then my progress came to a halt as 4th quarter geared up at school. Still I daydreamed about accent colors. Should I go with all-the-rage-right-now goldenrod yellow with the gray? Perhaps a peaceful, misty blue. Or some romantic touches of pink.
I scoured HomeGoods and Target for delicate glass bubble lamps and started planning a photo collage of engagement, wedding, pregnancy, baby pictures to surround the love sign.
Then I came home to this.
Right... Exactly where I pictured a white tufted chair with freshly cut pink roses clustered on an antique side table. Not that I've thought about this much, of course.
Guess I'll be curling up with my book and my glass of wine a la benchpress.
Cracking up. Too funny. At least it isnt one of those blinking beer signs. :)-Amanda Walma
ReplyDeleteLOL. I would be kicking those out asap ;)
ReplyDeleteI see the humor in it now... but at that moment NOT FUNNY! and yes, there must be SOME WAY to make them disappear! ;)
ReplyDeleteHilarious! One of your best posts yet! Is he willing to put them in the garage or guest bedroom?
ReplyDelete