Today was our last baby storytime for the summer. *tear*
Honestly, there were times when I had my doubts.
When Caitlin burst out crying because the librarian looked, yes, I said, looked (!!!) at her.
When the substitute children's librarian baby-talked her way through five (FIVE) books about the chosen theme "weather". It's freakin' 115 degrees and sunny for the last forever, lady!
When we all sang at the top of our lungs "The Wheels of the Bus" while helping our little ones "do" the motions.
I honestly had a moment. A When-Did-This-Become-My-Life moment.
Wasn't I just grabbing coffee with my friends between classes and work?
Wasn't I just taking road trips with Jason with no set agenda? (okay, well, maybe NO set agenda is pushing it...if you know me... ;)
Wasn't I just staring into my newborn's eyes in wonder?
But as I raise the color parachute* over my head one last time while Caitlin squeals with glee, I realize this is my life.
And I wouldn't trade it for the world.
*totally all Up All Night Mr. Bob style!

Absolutely! I'd much rather spend an hour blowing raspberries with Miles and being referred to only as Miles's mommy instead of my own given name than the more "carefree" lifestyle I had before him.
ReplyDeleteNice, same here.
ReplyDelete