Sunday, February 5, 2012

3 Months

Caitlin turned 3 months yesterday! This one is special to me because I was 3 months old when I was adopted. How amazing that 28 years ago I flew from Korea to the United States to be with my new family and now I hold my precious girl in my arms!

Size Not sure since we don't have a doctor's appt this month. I should try to weigh her on the scale today. I do know that she has loooong legs!

Caitlin can...
Hold her head AND chest up when doing tummy time (just happened this past week)
Sit for long periods of time in the Bumbo seat (she just loves looking around)\
Reach for objects (especially Sally the Seahorse during diaper changes)
"Talk" she gurgles and coos all the time now!
Track objects or people (especially Mommy or Daddy) from across the room
Sleep through the night (STTN)- last night she slept from 6:30pm until 5:00am This is her longest stretch to date!

Feeding: Caitlin's eating patterns are going through a change. I'm not sure if it's daycare or just that she is getting bigger, but she doesn't want to consistently eat every 3 hours anymore. In the morning, she tends to want to spread out her feedings and not take so much (with Daddy). In the afternoon, she has been taking 1 bigger bottle (5 oz). This week she has wanted to eat lots with Mommy in the evening and at night (getting up twice). I guess she knows when the "real deal" is around!

Sleeping: Caitlin had been getting up only once in an 11 hour block prior to daycare. Since starting daycare, she has wanted to get up twice. I'm not sure if this is because at the beginning of the week she wasn't napping well over there or she just wants to feed more with me or what, but that's been tough getting enough sleep for work. This past night she didn't get up at all! Hopefully, this continues!!!

Loves: Cuddling with Mommy and Daddy, laying on her back and kicking her legs and feet, tummy time (for short periods), Bumbo seat (for long periods), bath time, sitting upright (she is always pulling her neck forward until we hold her so she is "sitting"), being vocal (she always tells me about her day when I get home from work), and going for walks.

Not a Fan of: carseat (doesn't even like riding in the car now =(), dirty diapers (this is new, she used to not care, now she let's me know!), getting out of the bath

Wearing: Clothes: Outgrew 0-3 month clothes and 3 month sleep and plays. We have ever so many 3 month sleep and plays and I swear she got to wear them for 2 weeks. Her legs are SO long. She still fits into 3 month onesies, but wears 3-6 month sleep and plays. Diapers: size 1, but she will probably be in size 2 once our big pack of size 1 is gone.

Random Happenings: Grampy Malda and Aunt Paula came to visit in the month of January. Mommy went back to work. Caitlin goes to daycare from 12:30-4:15. She had a rough time napping over there for the first few days, but on Friday slept almost 3 hours over two naps over there. I hope this continues, so Mommy and Daddy can enjoy all your awake time!

Caitlin, you are an amazing little girl and the love of our lives! You are beautiful and we love watching you grow! Here is to another wonderful month!




3 comments:

  1. She is so cute and growing so fast. I hope Caitlin and Asher can have a play-date sometime in the future! Happy 3 months Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily she is so precious! I just love her hair!! Connor is jealous because he's still practically bald ;) Can't wait to see you girls soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carla- Thanks! I really hope that Asher and Caitlin can have a play date some day too! So fun that they are so close together.

    Deanna- Thank you very much! Her hair is outrageous. Connor is so adorable; it doesn't matter that he is bald. What a heartbreaker! Can't wait to see you this weekend either. The babies change so much now. Will be fun to see them all together again!

    ReplyDelete