I'm an emotional mess.
On the one hand, I am looking forward to the challenges and rewards of work. The feeling of satisfaction as I end another productive day.
On the other hand, I can't imagine being gone from my little girl for so long every day.
I wish I could work part time.
I remind myself how lucky I am that I love my job. How fortunate I am that I had a full 12 weeks off with her.
Then I kiss her pudgy cheeks, look into her big eyes, and wonder how I'll ever make it.
I know I would drive myself crazy if I stayed at home all day, every day. The only things that have kept me sane in the month of January have been grading and prepping for my return to work and the fact that Jason is home in the mornings.
I will be counting down the days until my 2 weeks of Spring Break. I only have to work 6 weeks to make it.
I love you, Caitlin! I hope you never forget that when you are home with Daddy in the morning or at daycare in the afternoon. I will think of you every hour wondering what you are doing and will leave school every day eagerly anticipating cuddling you once again. I love you, baby!
I completely agree. I wish I could work part time. They don't do that here though. Just look forward to your breaks, I think your year round schedule with breaks will help! I have read that babies will miss you more when you go back to work and want to cuddle and nurse more and may eat less while you are gone. I think she'll figure out the napping. Logan goes down better now for our sitter than us!
ReplyDeleteI'm so grateful for the school schedule! I don't know how people do this without all our breaks! I think she definitely reverse cycles a bit. Which is okay with me because it keeps my supply up and I love to be with her (even in the middle of the night)! ;)
ReplyDelete