Stats Birth Weight 7 lb. 11 oz. Birth Length: 20 inches
Weight at 13 Days: 7 lb. 11 oz. (38th percentile) Length at 13 Days: 22 inches (99th percentile)
Postpartum Body Feeling more like myself every day which is great. Still trying not to squat or kneel down too much. My biggest pre-pregnancy jeans fit now! YAY! Can't wait to run again. Probably will be up for that after the in-laws leave.
Feeding Caitlin is doing about the same as last week. I was so relieved to see that she gained weight at her 2 week appt. Now we won't go back until her 2 month appt. I can't imagine how much she will change by then! Latching on is still a bit painful, but it is getting better. We will be introducing the bottle around week 4 after the in-laws leave (I've heard that it is best to introduce it around week 3 or 4). Honestly, I'm looking forward to having Jason feed her once in awhile. I love that our daughter is getting all the nutrients that she needs from breastfeeding, but feeding 7 - 9 times a day does wear on me sometimes. Although, I hear pumping isn't a picnic either, so we'll see how it goes!
Sleeping Pretty much same as last week, except like I said Cailtin is awake more during the day now which is so fun!
Random Happenings Caitlin had her newborn pictures taken on Monday. They turned out beautifully. However, her sleepy countenance is certainly deceiving! Caitlin was NOT at all excited about modeling. It's weird how babies can tell that something is up. She is never very fussy, but she was not having all the posing that is required for newborn photos. I tried feeding her (twice!), rocking her, shushing her, her rock and play, her sleep sheep, swaddling her, NO GO! Finally, after about two hours of frustration and one massive diaper blow out (all over the cute, white ruffle diaper from the photographer and going through THREE layers of white background!), Caitlin fell into an exhausted sleep and thus we got some gorgeous shots! Caitlin and MAMA slept all afternoon that day. Modeling is so EXHAUSTING!
Plug for the Week Itzbeen Timer (thanks, Taylor) Love this and use it all day long! Very handy for remembering how long it has been since Caitlin has last eaten and even better when I cannot for the life of me remember which boob she has fed from last (your mind truly goes when you become a mom!).
Pic of the Week PhotoShoot Pics




Wow! Looks like everything is going great for you, Jason, and Caitlin. Her pictures are wonderful. She is perfect!
ReplyDeleteJayson and I have used a bottle for Asher every now and then and it works great. He eats a lot faster and it gives Jayson the opportunity to be involved with feeding time. The pumping did take a long time though. I used a hand pump and it took me a good 20 minutes or more and I only got 2 ounces. (I don't know how normal that is?)
I also had the same problem as you with remembering which side I left off on. I really should be keeping track... oh well :)
Keep up the good work. Can't wait to talk with you and hear more!
Hey, Carla! I keep meaning to call you and then time gets away from me! Might try the bottle today. Jason and I are hoping to have a date night while his parents are here and that may be a bit easier if Caitlin has a bottle just in case.
ReplyDeleteHope you guys are doing well with adjusting. We will talk soon and catch up!