Saturday, November 12, 2011

1 Week and 1 Day

This was originally supposed to be my 1 week post, but I didn't get around to it yesterday so 1 Week and 1 Day it is! =)

Stats Birth Weight 7 lb. 11 oz. Birth Height: 20 inches
Weight at 4 Days: 7 lb. 4 oz. (44th percentile) Height at 4 Days: 21 and 1/4 inches (98th percentile)

Postpartum Body Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. Especially when I consider what my body has been through! I'm down 14 pounds, so only 8 more pounds before I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I feel like it is all mostly in my hips since my pre-pregnancy jeans do not fit yet. I want to lose that weight for no other reason than I am cheap and don't want to have to buy all new pants! I'm still a little sore, but each day seems to be a little better. The worst is sitting in the car, and I still have to walk fairly slowly. Loving my new boob size, but the pain not so much. (more on this below)

Feeding Caitlin is a champ at feeding. She has a great latch right from the start. She was extremely sleepy the first few days, so I worked really hard on keeping her awake so she would get full feedings and not wake up hungry just a short time later. I was so glad when my milk came in at Day 4 especially since Cailtin didn't pass her bilirubin test (for jaundice) the first time around. I'm not going to lie, breastfeeding has been a pretty painful experience. It feels like someone is twisting my nipple when she latches on. However, I think I'm over the worst of it. Lanolin is my new best friend!

Sleeping Okay moms, don't hate me, but Caitlin is a GREAT sleeper. We have been implementing the Eat/Wake/Sleep routine from BabyWise (which I know is a pretty controversial book, and I don't agree with everything in it but in general premise it has worked great for us). I try to keep her morning wake up time about the same every day (between 6:30 and 7:30). She feeds about every 3 hours. Sometimes it is 2 or 2 1/2 hours if she shows signs of hunger earlier, but usually we have to wake her up to feed her after 3 hours. Then we try to keep her awake for a little while (with varying degrees of success; the afternoon is her most alert time). Then she goes back to sleep for usually about 2 hours before her next feeding. At night, I try to have her last feeding around 10 or 10:30. She sleeps until about 2:30, feeds and goes right back to sleep until 6:30 or 7:00 when she wakes up for the day. I hope I don't jinx it by talking about it! Mommy and Daddy have been loving all the SLEEP!

Random Happenings Jason and I have been getting out of the house every day to run errands. It has helped keep us sane. Honestly, we have had a lot more free time then either of us expected. It is busy around feeding/changing time, and then when she goes back down to sleep we kinda look at each other like "now what?" So far Cailtin has been to Starbucks drive through (okay, okay multiple times), Target, Family Christian Bookstore, Babies R Us, and Lowes. We have also taken her on a walk. The weather is gorgeous right now! We know we will be busier as her alert time increases, but for now we are enjoying this time off together (it will be the most time we have spent together continuously EVER)!

Plug for the Week SwaddleMes (pictured below) Caitlin wore these around the clock for the first 3 days of her life. She is now down to wearing them at night only, but they help her sleep so soundly! She is so funny. She fusses as we are putting it on her, and then as soon as she is in it, it's like a light switch and she is calm and peaceful. We had 2 to begin with and bought 2 more this week because they work so well for her!

Pic of the Week Baby Burrito

No comments:

Post a Comment