Sunday, October 30, 2011

38 Weeks

Any guesses to when Baby Caitlin will arrive? Jason is voting for November 13. I'm really hoping for next weekend. We'll see!

Baby is the size of a WATERMELON!

How have I been feeling READY TO BE DONE! You know, I've been feeling pretty good this whole pregnancy and not feeling in any particular rush... UNTIL this past Thursday. I had a craptastic day at work, felt sick Thursday night, slept terribly, and threw up Friday morning. It was at that point that I realized I was OVER IT. I'm ready to meet my little sweet pea. I love my job, but with only 3-5 hours of sleep at night I'm not at the top of my game any more. Plus who can concentrate when you have such a monumental life changing event coming up so soon in your life?! 9 more work days, 9 more work days, 9 more work days (OR LESS!!!)

Physical Changes Dr. Appt on Tuesday. Will find out how much I am dilated/effaced. Hoping to have made some progress even though I know it doesn't make much difference either way. Belly button has ceased being in innie a couple weeks ago, but I think I forgot to mention that. Oh, and I am uncomfortable in the morning now too. That was new this week because before I would only get uncomfortable at night. Joy of joys.

New Developments Baby is shedding vernix (white substance that covers the skin) and the lungs are getting all prepared to take in those first breaths!

Random Happenings My work threw me a cute little shower on Friday which was so sweet. We got more adorable little outfits and gift cards. Very fun! Kind of a busy weekend. I am looking forward to a very low key weekend next weekend (the only thing on the agenda is pedicures... now that's my kind of weekend!)

Plug for the Week I'm copying my friend, Carla, since I can't think of anything this week. WALKING! Obviously this worked for her since she welcomed her little man this week at 38 and 1/2 weeks. Would LOVE to follow her lead. Jason and I have been walking every night last week because he was on first shift. This week I will have to use my Gazelle instead, but hopefully it has the same effect.

Pics of the Week:


Groceries

Became... Burritos, Enchiladas, Chicken Pot Pie, Chicken Manicotti, Lasagna, Taco Meat, Sloppy Joe Meat, and Sweet and Sour Meatballs.

38 Weeks


1 comment:

  1. You are looking great! You are almost there and maybe sooner rather then later. Keep up the walking. I don't really know if it helped my labor along however, I did go on a walk an hour before I went into the hospital. If anything else the fresh air was nice. I can't wait to see Caitlin, she will be so cute. You can do it!!! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete