Sunday, October 23, 2011

37 Weeks = Full Term

Can't believe that she could come any day now! I am trying to mentally prepare myself for waiting for the long haul (possibly 4 weeks), but I'm really hoping she comes in 1 or 2!

Baby is the size of a WATERMELON!

How have I been feeling really good. I feel refreshed after break and relieved that my to-do list is completed. I have some odds and ends to finish up at school, but most of it is for third quarter, so even if she came now I could finish that stuff up later.

Physical Changes Belly is measuring on track. I am up 22 pounds. Dr. guesses that she will weigh about 6 to 6 and 1/2 pounds which sounds GREAT to me! I guess we'll see! Oh, and I think I'm beginning to see the start of some stretch marks just on the left side of my belly. =( I had a feeling they were coming, though. I'm so excited about her impending arrival; I don't even care!

New Developments Baby is inhaling and exhaling the amniotic fluid (practicing for her first breaths of air), sucking her thumb, blinking, and turning side to side. AWWW!!!

Random Happenings Freezer meals are made, car seats are installed, nursery is pretty much done, hospital bags are packed, sub work is pretty much all prepped, now my plan is just to work, relax, and wait for Caitlin to make her big debut!

Jason and I also took a road trip to Flagstaff this weekend which was wonderfully relaxing. We stopped at a pumpkin patch on the way up, then ate a restaurant/brewery in Flagstaff, and stopped in some of the local shops. We are enjoying these last couple weeks just the two of us!

Plug for the week Amazonmom.com for diapers/wipes (thanks for all your help with this, Meg!) and Bill Me Later from Babies R Us. We finished ordering all the odds and ends we needed from Babies R Us using the Bill Me Later program. You get free shipping with orders over $100 and a $20 voucher for spending over $100. So instead of saving only 10% (what we would have gotten with the registry completion coupon), we saved 20%!

Pics of the Week:
Warning: Bare Belly Pic... since I haven't done one in awhile!



4 comments:

  1. You look SO cute, Em! And Caitlin is looking LOW!!! ::Fingers are crossed for a speedy arrival::

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, do you think?! I can't tell, but I hope you're right!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lookin great! those last couple weeks did me in with the stretch marks also- but dont worry about it. make sure you are present in the moments of baby and dont worry about school or the sub. with only a week and a half left, i can tell you, just enjoy the excuse not to work for awhile and those last couple weekend together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to my maternity leave. Thanks for the advice, Becky! It's great to have someone who has just recently been through/going through what is coming up for me! I am plugging away on my 3rd quarter to-do list. I think just 3 more things to do. Should have everything completed by early next week!

    ReplyDelete