Baby is the size of a honeydew melon!
How have I been feeling TIRED! I think my body is finally relaxing after crazy first quarter, and I was exhausted today. Another contributing factor could be the fact that I went in to school to plan second quarter. Let me just tell you, I am NOT cut out for a desk job! 6 hours of sitting at my computer and sorting through paperwork was enough to put me in a coma. The heartburn is killing me too! GROSS!!!
Physical Changes Had my doctor's appt. last week. I have gained 20 pounds, and the doctor said my belly is measuring small, but normal for me so I'm happy. As long as Caitlin is on track, I'm content! =)
New Developments She is about 5 1/2 pounds and about as long as she's going to get. Her brain continues to develop, and she is just plumping up now! Fine with me, as long as she doesn't grow to be almost 11 pounds like her daddy!
Random Happenings I had a crazy dream last week where I went into labor, and I was freaking out, not because I was in labor, but because my classroom wasn't ready for the sub! LOL That totally sounds like me too! Well, like I said, today I got all my planning for 2nd quarter done. Tomorrow and Wednesday I will be going in to prep and print out master copies for the sub. Next week, I will work on 3rd quarter. So relieved I have all this time to get all this done. There is no way I could squeeze this into my regular schedule!
Saturday we had our breastfeeding class which was very educational. This coming Saturday we have our baby care class, and then we are "officially ready" to be parents. Right?! Ha! I don't think anyone ever feels completely ready.
I have the hospital bags half packed, the nursery is all done except to paint and hang up her diaper bag hook, and we are finishing up buying things off the registry.
My goals for the remainder of Fall Break is to finish packing the hospital bag, wash baby laundry, confirm procedures with our peditrician, get some newborn diapers, install the car seat, complete/blog about the nursery, finish up any purchases, write a very basic birth plan, get Jason and my flu shots, and cook/freeze food for when she is born. It is SO crazy to be at this point of finishing everything up!
Plug for the week: The internet! Seriously, what did people do before google? I find out SO much information by typing in my question and reading everyone's responses/reviews.
Pics of the Week:

You are so close! Heartburn it killing me too. I never really had it before being pregnant... I am not a fan. You will have to let me know what meals you are going to make and freeze. I have been thinking about that too and tried a couple test meals the other week but I did not like how they turned out. Hang in there! Can't wait for us both to be moms. Enjoy your fall break!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carla! I can't believe how close we are both getting! SO EXCITED! I'll be making a separate post about the food making/freezing. Hoping it all goes smoothly!
ReplyDelete