Monday, August 1, 2011

25 Weeks

Oh, blog, I have been majorly neglecting you! I spent a lovely (but horribly humid) week and a half in Michigan. It was wonderful, but I missed the hubby and puppies A LOT! Now to catch you up...

Baby is the size of an eggplant

How have I been feeling LARGE! I feel like I have grown so much over the last few weeks. I have strangers making comments now (which can be interesting!) I feel pretty mobile still, which is nice.

Physical Changes At my doctor's appt. last week I had gained 14 pounds total. 5 more from the month before! From here on out, I expect that I will be getting bigger and bigger as Baby B grows.
I was also very sad to learn that one cannot begin estimating baby's weight until the third trimester. I had been feeling quite good knowing that her measurements have been very normal thus far. My fears are NOT unfounded. Do you know how much Jason weighed as a baby? 10 POUNDS 13 OUNCES. That's right, folks, almost 11 pounds. OMG! Please take after me, sweet baby!!!

New Developments Baby weighs 1 1/2 pounds now and is 13 inches long. She can now make a fist which explains all the pounding that's going on down there!

Random Happenings Confession time. One of my deepest pregnancy fears is developing a fat pregnancy face. No joke. I feel as if my head/face is already quite large, and I have no desire to gain any more in that area. I don't care if my belly gets big. I have quite enjoyed growing some bigger boobs. But please, face, stay the same! I'll admit to twisting and turning it in the mirror to catch any glimpses of bloating. So far, so good... but this pregnancy is far from over! More on this to come...

Plug for the week: Palmers Cocoa Butter! I know that it really doesn't do anything for stretch marks (fingers crossed, I still don't have any), but it sure makes my belly less dry and itchy!

Pics of the Week:

GROWING!

Bird Cage Canvas (a little blurry)
$6 Canvas from Goodwill, $3 Spray Paint, Decals from Etsy

Mobile from Etsy


Playard all set up

1 comment:

  1. You are too too cute! You look great! And that is too funny you mention being worried about getting a fat face...I was too! Unfortunately I got a fat face at the end along with my swollen everything! But its already looking back to normal so its not permanent!

    ReplyDelete