Friday, July 1, 2011

20 weeks AKA Half-Baked

Oh my, this is late, people! This week I was busy, busy, busy with a conference at the Phoenician (I know, swanky, right?!) Anyway, I am glad to be on FULL summer vacation now until the beginning of August. I am keeping busy with school planning (want to get it all done, so I can focus on BABY next school year) and putting the nursery together. Can't wait to show you pics next week of the progress!

Well, now that I am officially half-way through, I think it is time to reveal Baby B's name. After MUCH deliberation (including about 15 rejected names submitted by me, and 1, that's right ONE, vetoed name from Jason), we found the one girl name that both of us could agree on.

Baby B's name will be: Caitlin Kim

We decided to go with the traditional Irish spelling of Caitlin (we just love how it looks), and Kim is my Korean last name and my middle name (definitely something I wanted to pass down to my daughter).

It is so fun to call her by her name now! We can't wait to meet her!

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Baby is the size of a cantaloupe (OH.MY.)

How have I been feeling Overall, well. I am feeling larger and larger and, as a result, more and more uncomfortable. I drove to Ridgecrest, CA for a girls' weekend and had to keep shifting positions the whole way. Oh boy, I have a LONG ways to go too!

Physical Changes Significant weight gain is becoming my reality. During my first trimester, I had gained only a pound or two. I put on another two pounds around week 15 or 16. I went to the doctor's yesterday, and found out that I am now up 9 pounds. Wow! According to this website, Pregnancy Weight Gain Calculator this is perfectly normal for my size and how far along I am, but still it was a bit startling to see that number!

New Developments The first of Baby B's eyelashes are now present. I am REALLY, REALLY hoping that Caitlin is blessed with her daddy's AMAZINGLY, long lashes. I am always so jealous. Grow lashes, GROW!

Random Happenings Yesterday and today I have been creating the little bird artwork from my inspiration board. So far, I am very pleased with the results. Saturday, we are headed to Ikea to pick up the curtains, rug, lamp, and mirror. On Sunday, I am hoping to install the shelves, curtains, and hang the bird pictures. Then it's on to working on putting the bird decals on a canvas and her little name block letters. SO FUN!!!

Plug for the week: VS lacie thongs (one size fits all) or even better the cheaper knockoff from Forever 21. I never really thought about the fact that I would be getting too large for my underwear!!! Alas, it is true.

Pics of the week:


2 comments:

  1. What a great name! And I also like how you added Kim in there to keep history going. Keep up the good work. You are looking so cute and happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw... thanks Carla! When are you going to update your blog, missy?! ;)

    ReplyDelete