Caitlin and I are enjoying Summer 2014. Days are filled with pool, lunches/playdates with friends, library story time, music/dance/gymnastic classes, and shopping. It is a good summer!
Size Weight: 27 lbs Height: 36 inches (at 2 years 1 month)
Caitlin can...
Talk about a storm. We were a little concerned with your language development, but in late April/early May you started chattering away, and haven't stopped since. You are always trying out new words, and asking "What's that? What's that?"
Jump in the pool. Once you saw little Taya doing it in our pool, you haven't stopped!
Climb in and out of the car by yourself. Heaven forbid that we suggest that we help you. "No, I do it!" you proclaim while shooting us a look of exasperation.
Put on your shoes. Buckles in all. I think we're down to 40% of the time putting them on the wrong feet. (used to be 100% of the time. It doesn't seem like that would be possible probability wise, but I assure you that was the case!)
Feeding:
Eating lots these days. Seems like you are always asking for a "nack, nack" (snack).
Favorite Breakfasts: Waffles with syrup or peanut butter and brown sugar, cheerios and milk, toast and jam, scrambled eggs (only when we're out though, I can't stomach making them!)
Favorite Lunches: velveeta shells, lunchables (crackers with double cheese), cheese quesadilla, ramen
Favorite Dinners: mashed potatoes, spaghetti and meatballs, sides: corn on the cob, watermelon
Favorite Snacks: fish (goldfish), pretzels, apples with peanut butter, pears, cheese stick (string cheese)
Favorite desserts: (a rarity, but special treat and basically the only desserts you'll eat) soft serve ice cream cone or cake
Sleeping:
Still a great sleeper! I hope brother is the same! Caitlin goes to sleep between 7:00 and 7:30 and wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30. She naps from 1:30 until 3:30ish (sometimes longer depending on when she got up and how busy we've been).
Loves:
Packing up her car (cozy coupe) or purse and saying "bye, bye".
Playing with friends especially Kendall or Agnes (from daycare). She asks about one of them at least daily, and when I tell her she's going to play with one of them, she claps her hands and says "Yay!" So cute!
Swimming! She did so much better this year in swimming lessons compared to last year. She liked jumping in (even going underwater) and walking up and down the stairs the best. "Again, again!" she'll say.
Not a Fan of:
Still working on sharing. SIGH.
Getting help before asking for help. She wants to do everything herself. "I do, I do it!" she insists. Most of the time, she is able to do it all by herself! What a big girl she is getting to be! (*tear*)
Wearing:
Clothes: A mix of 24 month and 2T stuff.
Diapers: size 4 Luvs only for naps and night.
Potty training went pretty smoothly with only a couple regressions here or there. So proud of my big girl!
Shoes: size 4 and 5. Such tiny feet!
Caitlin, I can't wait to see you be a big sister! The next post about you (3!) will be after you have become a big sister!!! Crazy! You are going to be such a wonderful helper!







No comments:
Post a Comment