This year I am back to loving it.
Besides the financial aspects of two incomes, I need to work for my sanity. I get so antsy at home. Which is strange to me because I am a definite introvert who needs down/me time to recharge. The first day I am home on a break, I am loving it. The second day I am dying to get out of the house. Which can get expensive. Which is totally fine... if we have two incomes to support it! ;)
Also, I appreciate my off/down time and time with Caitlin so much more when I am working.
Plus, let's be honest. I am LAZY when I'm not working. I plan on cleaning/organizing/crafting. In reality, I waste a lot of time online. And then I get annoyed at myself for not being productive. At 19 months, Caitlin still sleeps/rests in her room for about 14-15 hours a day which leaves a lot of down time.
Would I feel this way if I wasn't able to pick up Caitlin at 3:45 every day, have four months off with her throughout the year, or have a husband who spends a lot of his off time with Caitlin when I'm not home with her? Probably not.
Do I think what works for us is best for everyone? Of course, not. But right now I am content with our life. I am trying to live in the present and not worry about the future or what everyone else is doing. We are happy, we are healthy, life is good!
I appreciate this and have been having some of the same thoughts lately... Especially after finishing up summer break.
ReplyDelete