I'm the person who gets a menu at a restaurant and browses... and browses... and asks the waitress to come back... and narrows it down between two... oh, wait, I didn't see THAT before, three...
Then, inevitably, whatever I finally I decide on, I instantly regret it and wish I would have gotten the other or whatever Jason's got (which I decide then to liberally sample).
You would think that fast food drive thrus would be better. But they are, in fact, much worse. There are just an endless number of combinations that can be made. Jason often notices the look of sheer panic on my face and tries to "slow play it" as he calls it. But really there are only so many ways you can say cheeseburger, fries, and coke.
This all became readily apparent when I went to the eye doctor a few weeks ago.
Which looks better 1 or 2?
I swear I broke out in a cold sweat scared I was going to pick the wrong one. I try to play it cool.
3 or 4?
"4," I say as confidently and quickly as I can.
"Really? Are you sure?"
Well, not anymore, lady! Which made me even more nervous and hesitant to choose.
I think the eye doctor was finally fed up with me near the end of the appointment.
1 or 2?
Uh... Can I see...
3 or 4?
Um...
"Okay, looks like we're done here then!" she says briskly. Code for I have many more clients today. Get out of my office.
Gratefully, I am happy to say, despite all this I do not regret the big decisions I've made. Moving to Arizona. Marrying the love of my life. Making our family a family of 3. Our life is beautiful. So can you blame a girl for trying to slow it all down a little? ;)
I am the Same.Way. I make Mike nuts sometimes with my indecision. It's always for the littlest stuff, too (what kind of coffee to order, etc).
ReplyDelete