Sunday, August 19, 2012

Work Week Schedule

This post is going to be frightfully dull, but it is my life right now AND it has been helpful to read some of my other working moms friends' schedules on their blogs. It took a couple months of revising to fit our needs (when I first went back to work), but going into this school year it was nice to start with a routine that works for our little family.

Weekday Mornings and Afternoons:
4:55 Alarm goes off. Hit snooze while trying to wake up.
5:00 Get up. Let dogs out. Feed cats. Fix myself a cup of coffee and breakfast. Devotions while eating.
5:20 Wake up Caitlin. Nurse her. Fix her hair/play with her.
5:50 Nurse her from the other side and put her back down.
6:00 Get ready for the day.
6:20 Drive to work.
6:30-3:45 Work (2 pumping sessions)
4:00 Pick up Caitlin
4:15 Arrive home. Nurse Caitlin. Pick out her clothes for next day. Play time.
5:00 Caitlin and I eat dinner.


Here is my Monday and Wednesday evenings:
5:40 Bedtime routine: books, wipe down with a washcloth, sleep sack, nurse, bed by 6
6:00 Feed cats and dogs. Throw in a load of laundry. Cook dinner (I cook once and we eat twice). Wash dishes and bottles. Make lunch.
6:45 Schoolwork (15 minutes)
7:00 Workout
7:30 Check email, facebook, blog, etc.
8:00 Make bottles and prep Caitlin's food for the next day. Brush teeth. Lay out clothes for next day.
8:15 Journal and Read
9:15 Pump
9:30 Bed


Here is my Tuesday and Thursday evenings:
5:30 Bedtime routine: bath, books, sleep sack, nurse, bed by 6
6:00 Feed cats and dogs. Water plants. Wash dishes and bottles. Make lunch.
6:15 Schoolwork (45 minutes)
7:00 Workout
7:30 Check email, facebook, blog, etc.
8:00 Make bottles and prep Caitlin's food for the next day. Cat Litter. Brush teeth. Lay out clothes for next day.
8:15 Shower
8:30 Fold Laundry/Journal and read
9:00 Dry/Style hair
9:15 Pump
9:30 Bed


Here is my Friday evening:
5:40 Bedtime routine: books, wipe down with a washcloth, sleep sack, nurse, bed by 6
6:00 Snacks/saved TV program/Internet/Grocery List :) Welcome, Weekend!
7:00 Clean: Dust/Vacuum/Dishes/Clean Kitchen counters/Clean Bathrooms
8:00 Schoolwork (1 hour 45 minutes)
10:00 Pump
10:30 Hang out with Jason


Saturday:
Caitlin sleeps in, so after I feed her and put her back down, I run, shower, pay bills, and finish up cleaning (floors and other bi-weekly chores).
Jason works on the lawn Saturday mornings.
We grocery shop as a family and run any other errands (we try to keep these to a minimum- I love amazon.com).
Caitlin gets another bath at night.

Sunday:
Weed/Make Caitlin's food
Church
Bfast for lunch (Jason's cooks :)
LOVE Sunday afternoons: reading, napping, pool!
Crockpot dinner
Shower


It's a challenge with Jason working 2nd shift, but I love that he gets to spend lots of time in the morning with Caitlin. We talk on the phone during one of my pumping breaks in the morning and at night after Caitlin goes to bed.

We make sure that we get date night once a month, and I am really adamant about only being away from Caitlin once a day on my weekends. If I have something in the morning, I don't do anything in the afternoon.

I LOVE not doing schoolwork on the weekends now. So worth working those couple hours Friday night, so I can forget about work until Monday.

My two week breaks every 9 to 10 weeks help us stay sane. It's a pretty busy schedule, so we try to relax and have lots of family time on the weekends and on my breaks.

So that's our life right now. Busy, but wonderful. Until next time.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Emily for sharing your schedule. It has motivated me to actually create a schedule for our family as well. We normally just wing it. But starting Monday Jayson is back to work and I start full time nannying. I think a schedule is in order! Enjoy your breaks and weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, no problem. Good luck with your work week this next week! I'd love to see your schedule on your blog once you got it down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! I always love see how other moms are balancing it all. My schedule is similar but with doing more in the mornings and less in the evenings because I'm on an 8-5 schedule. Great idea to get all the schoolwork done on Fridays so that your weekends are clear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing. I love reading how other moms handle the work/personal life balance. I love my late days because I get to spend so much time with Zach in the mornings and get things done around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure girls! I definitely try to focus on quality not quantity since I only see Caitlin about 2 and 1/2 hours a day. :( Hopefully it will be more like 3 once I stop pumping and can leave school a little earlier each day (2 more months, 2 MORE MONTHS!).

    For me, working in the early morning works better since Caitlin goes back to sleep until 8 or 9 anyways. I love spending weekend morning with her though. She's always so smiley in the morning! =)

    ReplyDelete