Friday, May 4, 2012

6 Months

Happy Half Birthday to our darling girl! While it's hard to believe that she's 6 months already, at the same time it seems like she has been part of our lives forever. Just can't imagine life without her sweet little face.

Size 15.7 lbs (42nd percentile) and 27 inches (89th percentile)

Caitlin can...
Roll from back to tummy AND... (drum roll, please) tummy to back. SO relieved that she figured this out. She is back to (most nights) sleeping through the night.
Grab objects and like a magnet they all go in her mouth
Talk, talk, talk... Once she gets going, there's no stopping her.
Eating solids!

Feeding:
Caitlin continues to take 2 bottles from Daddy in the morning in the bouncy seat and 1 from Miss Jenny (daycare).
She nurses with me twice in the morning and twice at night. She also started solids. We just started this week. So far she has had sweet potato and avocado. Next week we will try pears and banana.

Sleeping:
Caitlin usually sleeps through the night. 3 out of the 5 work mornings this week she has woken up an hour to a half an hour before my alarm. Hopefully, she goes back to sleeping through. Once I get up for those feedings, I know I won't be able to fall back asleep because there's not enough time :(. I can't complain too much though since she is sleeping 6pm-4 or 5am

Loves:
Eating (after the initial YUCK! What is this?! She finds she quite enjoys it).
Playing with her stacking cup, rings, and assorted other toys. Playing on the playmat, in the jumperoo, or sitting in her Bumbo seat with her Bumbo tray.
Putting objects in her mouth.
Loves playing with water bottles (loves the crinkle sound they make when she squishes them).
Listening to Mommy sing (God bless her, I think she's the only one).

Not a Fan of:
Sitting in her carseat for too long especially at red lights (takes after Daddy).
Getting her hair washed during a bath (she doesn't find it relaxing like mommy does at the salon!)

Wearing:
Clothes: a few 3-6 month onesies, but mostly 9 months (can't believe it) and 6 month outfits.
Diapers: size 2 Luvs

Random Happenings:
April was a rough month. Mommy had the worst flu of her adult life for four loooonnnng days. Then I got food poisoning a week and half later.
Good riddance, April. Bring on May (and June aka summer break)!

Caitlin, you beautiful girl, I love to watch you grow and discover! We have so many happy times together and so many beautiful memories to make! Happy 6 Months!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, hate to point this out, but LAST month you also said you would post Catlin's size once you got it from the hospital... and hm, no sizes. I'm dying over here! I mean sure I have the doll and chair to compare her to, but how do I really know the true size of the doll or the chair? It could be a super small chair?! Ah! Maybe place her next to a dollar bill or a can of diet coke, so I can get some perspective here Emily!
    PS She's beautiful, just like her mom!
    Miss you lady,
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I think I did finally post it to the 4 month update, but I don't really remember. Proportion is important. I will remember the dollar bill and diet coke next month. ;) Thank you so much, and I hope she can meet all the Benjamin ladies sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete