We have been loving every minute with her. Every day she brings us so much joy!
Feeding: Caitlin eats about every 3 hours (sometimes sooner, sometimes later). She is close to her schedule that she will be on once I go back to work at the end of January. She has had several bottles no problem so far. This week we will try one bottle a day.
Sleeping: Caitlin blessed us with 5 and 1/2 hours of straight sleep last night which was amazing! Hope we have a repeat performance of that tonight! During the day, we try to follow an eat, awake, sleep routine, but that past few days she has seemed to prefer to be awake until the next feeding and then asleep until the following feeding, so we are rolling with that. Mostly she sleeps in her rock and play, but at least once a day we try having her sleep in her crib (to get her used to it) and about once a day she sleeps in her swing.
Loves: Cuddling with Mommy and Daddy, tummy time for short periods of time, blowing bubbles, sucking on her soothie pacifer, looking out the window and at the Christmas tree, being swaddled, listening to Mommy read books and sing songs, being held by anyone and everyone.
Not a Fan of: getting diapers or clothes changed (although this is getting better over the past couple weeks), bath time (I hope this changes soon!), and she is usually more fussy around the early evening time.
Wearing: Clothes: Newborn and 0-3 She has outgrown a couple of her newborn outfits in length. Baby is growing! Diapers: size Newborn (Pampers Swaddlers)
Random Happenings: Grandpa and Grandma Bremer and Uncle Eric came down to see Miss Caitlin. Caitlin spend many hours a day being cuddled by the whole family! We decorated for Christmas and did some house hunting. It was a great time!
We love you more than anything, Caitlin Kim! You are the biggest blessing in our lives!
Glad to hear Caitlin got a lot of sleep. I hope she keeps it up. I can't believe she is already a month. She is just so cute! I know I already said this but I just love her hair. How is the pumping going?
ReplyDeleteThank you, Carla! I still need to give you a call! I have been busier than I expected the last two weeks.
ReplyDeletePumping is going okay. I have the Medela Pump in Style which is very fast and easy. I sometimes are frustrated with the inconsistency of how much I can pump. Sometimes it is enough for a full feeding, sometimes it's not enough and I have to figure out a time to pump the rest of them. I'm trying to drink more water, so hopefully that helps. Are you pumping still?
Don't worry about it. Having an infant does become time consuming. I am glad pumping is going pretty good for you. I use a Medela as well however it is a hand pump so it is slow. I am pumping this week but only because I am on medication and I can't breast feed Asher while on the medication. Other then that I have not been pumping. I have been lucky to just be able to breast feed him without needing to pump for anything. When we have our move back home I will pump during the drive. Are you storing up a lot of milk? With me pumping this week I can see how it would be hard to feed him, and pump for storage. I am not quit sure how people do it. Well happy pumping and happy holidays! Can't wait to see your next post :)
ReplyDelete