Thursday, January 5, 2012

2 Months

How can Caitlin be 2 months already?! Time just flies. I think the holidays sped things up as well. Love watching my little girl grow!

Size Weight: 11 lbs 5 oz (55th percentile) Length: 23 3/4 inches (96th percentile)

Caitlin can...
Hold her head up when doing tummy time or in the Bumbo seat
Turn her head towards sound (we feel so bad when we startle her now that she's more sensitive!)
Track objects with her eyes vertically and horizontally
Gurgle and coo
SMILE (love it!)
Recognize Mommy and Daddy
Sleep through the night (STTN)

Feeding: Caitlin continues to eat about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. Daddy feeds her one bottle a day and I feed her bottles if I am out more than a couple hours. She has been fussy in the early evening and cluster feeds at that time.

Sleeping: Caitlin was up to sleeping about 8 hours straight in her RNP when we decided that it was time to transition to the crib. I had heard of other moms having trouble with transitioning when baby was 4, 5, or 6 months (when they outgrew the RNP), and I didn't want to have to figure that out when I was back to work. The first week or so was pretty rough, but she is doing better now. She goes to bed at 7 pm (don't mess with her bedtime!). On a good day she gets up for the day around 7:30 am, after waking up for about two feedings throughout the night. More about sleep in a post to come, I have been doing lots of research online and have learned a lot in the last week!

Loves: Cuddling with Mommy and Daddy, listening to Mommy sing (favorites: Twinkle, Twinkle and Jesus Loves Me), tummy time on the Boppy and sitting in the Bumbo for short periods of time, sucking on her soothie pacifer, sitting and napping in her swing, kicking her legs, stretching, taking baths (YAY), riding in the stroller, and riding in the car.

Not a Fan of: getting diapers or clothes changed (turning on Sally, the Fisher Price Soothe and Glow Seahorse, helps), getting buckled into the carseat (once we get going though, she loves it!), getting out of baths, and she is still pretty fussy from 5ish until bedtime =(.

Wearing: Clothes: Outgrew newborn clothes =( So sad to pack those away. She wears 0-3 month outfits. Diapers: size 1 (Huggies- from the diaper cake and actually LOVE them)

Random Happenings: Great Grandma Megan, Great Uncle Phil, and Great Aunt Sue came up from Green Valley to visit. Grammy Malda, Aunt Ellen, and Cousin Anazia came from Michigan to cuddle Caitlin. She had a wonderful first Christmas, and we began many fun traditions that I look forward to sharing with her in the years to come!

Hard to believe another month has come and gone. I love you more and more every day, Caitlin Kim, and love watching you learn and grow!



No comments:

Post a Comment