Jason and I decided to wait to announce to world after our NT scan which happened to be today! It was the most amazing experience ever! We had already had two dating ultrasounds because when we first went in, it was way too early for them to get the measurements they needed. This ultrasound was such a different experience though. Baby B actually looked like a baby! We were amazed at how much the baby was moving around, and how you could see the little fingers and the legs kicking about. Especially because I don't feel much different than before I was pregnant and I really am not showing at all either. I could have stared at the screen all. day. long.
Well, I'm totally stealing from many lovely ladies blogs their format because I have really enjoyed reading up on their pregnancy progression. I don't want to forget anything!
Baby is the size of a plum! AWWW! I can't believe that when we found out baby was just the size of a poppyseed and now we are a plum!
How have I been feeling You know I can't complain. I was a little queasy for a few weeks in the middle of the first trimester, but all in all not bad. I've only actually been sick 3 to 5 times, so I feel pretty lucky. I haven't been overly exhausted either, though I have cut back my working hours after spring break, and I am LOVING it. Don't know what the heck I was doing before spring break, but there is no way I could go back to my old schedule now. Efficiency is the name of the game now.
Physical Changes Not much. =( I keep watching for that baby belly, but not much there yet. There is a definite bloat in the evening, but it is back to normal in the morning, so I know that's not baby yet. Boobs have definitely grown a half or full cup which is exciting for me because I was pretty small to begin with. Oh and the nightly trips to the bathroom. Those are delightful. I get up about every 3 hours. It's like clockwork.
New Developments Fingernails and toenails. How adorable is that!
Random Happenings I told my class today. For some reason, I was really nervous about it, but it went great! They were all excited. And as typical third graders they wanted to know the most important thing: was it a boy or girl?
Well??? I said that we didn't know yet, but I will let you in on a little secret. Our tech did venture a guess today. She said she thought GIRL!!! Of course, we won't be running out and buying all sorts of ruffles just yet. Waiting until June 20, the official anatomy scan. However, it was exciting to hear what she thought and I think generally speaking those techs are pretty accurate. Time will tell.
Plug for the week: The Snoogle: aka pregnancy pillow. I made Jason get one for me this week because I kept waking up on my back, and I heard in the second trimester this isn't ideal. Plus its been a little harder for me to get comfortable lately. I love that thing. Still have to get up frequently at night, but at least when I'm sleeping I'm sleeping like... well, a baby. ;)
Pics of the week:
I'll try to catch the blog world up on the belly (bloat) pics this weekend. =)
Awww yay - what a cute little baby! I am so excited for you Emily - I can't wait to read all your updates and see you turn into the cutest pregnant girl ever! :)
ReplyDeleteOmg, she's adorable already!! Yay for it (probably) being a girl! That's so exciting!
ReplyDeleteAlso, the snoogle is the Best. Thing. Ever. In fact, in my home, it's a word we still use regularly to describe comfort. Like, "I'm so comfy right now, I totally feel snoogle'd."
Can't wait to watch the belly grow!
Yay! Congrats.
ReplyDeleteThanks, girls!!!
ReplyDeletePS Meg- Gotta love when nouns get turned into verbs. Means its taken on a new level of importance. =)
I am so excited for you and Jason. I love seeing your picture and I think it would be great if you had a cute little girl. You are going to be a great mom and I can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy. Congratulations!!!!
ReplyDeleteI might be in AZ to visit Andrea at the beginning of June. I hope we can find some time to have lunch or something. Enjoy your first pregnancy!